Raw superfood truffles

/
0 Comments
HAPPY NEW YEAR. Okay, I did it, done with this "happines and it's a new year and it's gonna be amazing" thingie. I think it's not possible for a human being to change just because Jesus would now be a year older. We can all do math. Well most of us can right...

As you can see I'm not into new year's resolutions, but it doesn't mean you aren't. If you have new crazy goals for 2015 go out of your comfort zone and make this year count. 2014 was a pretty dope one for me. I'm sensing 2015's gonna be a filled with various destinations around the world, many new experiences and just going with the flow. Also, I have a new years resolution, well not really, but it's not to join the gym. I think there's nothing that nature can't give you, you can do push ups outside, you can run and you can do a lot of muscle training at home with a few weights and a pair of dumbbells.

I haven't written a blog post since forever, mostly because I'm a lazy shit, but also because it's dark at 4pm and it's quite hard shooting a proper blog post in the morning winter light, but I figured it out for these truffles. I've been testing recipes, I've been creating things and I came up with some amazing creations like foolproof coconut oil spelt croissants? Or matcha citrus pound cake maybe or a pistachio apple tart perhaps?










I've mastered hiding secretly "good for you" things into good tasting things a long ago. Well, this is not one of those recipes. The intense flavour of goji berries, orange and ground seeds is magical. Raw cacao rounds everything up and dates sweeten everything up as well as they bind the "bater". All doe this is not a salad, these will do your body lots of good things. I like to enjoy them for breakfast with a tall glass of gross tasting kale juice or a smoothie. Or crumbled over a smoothie bowl maybe? I think it would also be nice to mush them with a bit of plant milk and spread on toast topped with thinly sliced oranges would be nice? And just so you know, the options are endless here. You could press this into a cake tin with your hands and you'll have a raw cake base, press into a square pan and pour over some raw chocolate ganache, a nice slice for afternoon made in less then 5 minutes from start to finish.  How about I stop babbling about what you could make as well and actually tell you how to make these truffles?

These are sweet enough for me, but if you like your food really sweet I would suggest adding a date or two extra and substituting the extra water you'll need for a liquid sweetener like coconut or agave nectar.

Raw superfood truffles : 


2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut

1 1/2 cups medjool dates
1/4 cup goji berries 
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
one orange, zested and juiced
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
a pinch of cayenne 
raw nut milk or water as needed

Soak the goji berries and dates in warm water. Finely grind your seeds in a coffee grinder or a really strong blender, make sure not to turn them into a nut butter. It’s the best to use the pulse and shake technique. This will yield you a scant cup of seed meal. Pulse the dates and goji berries in the food processor until a smooth paste forms. Add the orange juice and zest, cacao powder, spices and mix until combined. Add your shredded coconut and nut seed meal and let the food processor run for at least a minute, the nut seed meal has to be distributed really finely. Using a 1 1/2 tbsp ice cream scoop scoop them into balls and roll in shredded coconut or cacao powder. If the coconut isn't sticking to the truffles you can roll them in wet hands and then in the coconut/cacao. 

No comments: