Cinnamon & pecan bulletproof latte

/
7 Comments
It's raining outside. I'm sitting by the window and drinking tea. I'm trying really hard to write something nice, but it just isn't happening today. It's a day for doing absolutely nothing. I'll just get my cats and cuddle them for the rest of the day. I'll probably watch a movie and then cry in the shower.

Sad fact, I'm not even kidding.






I've been taking a little time off away from the blog. I've been up to a shitload of stuff I'm not really able to share (YET), but my life has been pretty busy. I launched my first exhibition and guess what - it's all about food.

I've been skipping meals way too much, but I sure didn't skip out on any coffee. If you follow me on instagram you're probably wondering if all I do is go out for coffee. The answer is no. Well. Uhm. Kinda. DON'T JUDGE ME. Most times coffee is the highlight of my day and therefore it has to be really good, really foamy and possibly spent in extremely good company (hey friends).

Did you notice I say "I've" a lot. Well here it is one more time. I've been putting coconut oil into my coffee ever since, well, ever since I went vegan. It gives my coffee the luxurious feel of a cappuccino (you have no idea how many tries it took to spell this right) and it creates a lovely and thick foam on top of your latte - I don't know about you, but that's my favourite part about drinking a latte.

Laura posted a recipe for superfood lattes last week and ofc I had to give the recipe a try. I went with the chocolate & goji one  because CHOCOLATE. I have to try the matcha & tahini one too. This is a combination of my and her recipe and the coffee I've been drinking on daily basis for the past year or so. It's thick, cream, foamy, sweet, salty & super cinnamony. Does it get any better?

You have to give the plant milk I used in this recipe a try. It was sent to me by Manahrana and it's UH-MA-ZING. And the super cute mint straws are from the shop Popolna Dekoracija. 


Pecan & cinnamon latte :

2 shots (about 1/2 cup) espresso
3/4 cup rude health light coconut milk (or other plant milk)
1 tablespoon pecans
1 medjool date (or 3 dried dates)
1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt

Soak the dates and pecans in cold water for at least an hour or speed this up by using boiling water. In a (high speed) blender combine all of the ingredients and blend on high for a minute or two. Strain the mixture in case there are any pecan and date pieces remaining. This step is optional, but I HATE pieces in my lattes.

7 comments:

  1. Would love to see the exbition so much!
    Lately, I've been quite obssesed with latte variations. Matcha is currently very high positioned. I could try Lauras version. Unfortunatly, Serbia and pecans, no way Hose. Guess we need ten years more to start growing that nut too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Slovenia got familiar with pecans in the last year or two :D I love matcha lattes! With coconut sugar and coconut oil aaaah. Just give it a try without the pecans and cinnamon, add some vanilla and it'll still be pretty damn amazing!

      XX Anze

      Delete
  2. Laura kdo? Link, prosim! ;) Se smejim tvojim objavam (čeprav začetek tele vzbuja skrb; si ok?). Tale take on buletproof mi je precej bolj všeč od klasike;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja valda! Kul sem, it was a joke :D Messy laura aka thefirstmess aka the queen of healthy plant based meals. Ja js sm ubistvu bulletproof pravi ugotovil kaj je cist tocno po tejle objavi, pa se mi je mal zagablo vse skupi. Ceprav mtc olje je super stvar!

      Delete
    2. A, tista Laura! Moram jo dodat na bloglovin, ker če ne mi vse uide ... ;) jaz sem tudi šele včeraj ugotovila, da se kavi z maslom reče buletproof;)

      Delete
  3. Ej, sm si jo kr naredila popoldne, sicer malo drugače, ker nimam pekanov, pa kar s turško kavo (precejeno), in je bilo fenomenalno!

    ReplyDelete