Lucuma granola

/
0 Comments
I am one of those people, who think they're really organized, but they're really not. It's Sunday, and I still have 6 projects to finish until tomorrow. I shot 3 recipes today already, because I am NOT organized. I also made granola, because it's a perfect lazy morning treat. Is it breakfast, is it a crumble? Nobody knows.

I usually go the classic granola way - oats, coconut oil, maple syrup, a ton of nuts + some spices. Well today is not one of those days. I based my granola on flaked oats and quinoa, added some cold pressed hazelnut oil, agave syrup, coconut and ground nuts. And for an extra treat that also happens to be really good for you, a 100% chocolate bar from Manahrana. Just because. It's as nutritious as if you were eating cacao beans, but with the texture of chocolate. It's rich, it's delicious, it's awesome.

This granola is just barely sweet, but sweet enough for me. It's got a ton of nutritious things, one of them is lucuma. Lucuma is a fruit with a very unique taste. It's also one of the most popular ice cream flavours in South America - especially Peru. Like any other fruit, it's got a ton of nutrients, it helps your digestion, your immune system etc. I like to put it into my smoothies or (soy or coconut) yogurt for a nutrition boost.







Lucuma granola 


2 cups oats
2 cups flaked quinoa (or more oats)
1 cup dried shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 walnut / hazelnut flour (or more almond)
2 cups mixed nuts
1/2 cup mixed seeds
2 tbsp lucuma powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup hazelnut oil
1/2 cup agave syrup / raw honey
a pinch of salt

100% Cacao chocolate bar
1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cup golden raisins

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. Add the oats, quinoa, coconut, nut flours and nuts to a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt, lucuma, cinnamon and mix very well. Stir in the hazelnut oil and agave syrup and mix until all of the dry ingredients are evenly coated. Spread over 3 baking sheets, bake for 10 minutes, stir and repeat twice more - you want to bake them for 25-30 minutes total. Add the finely chopped chocolate bar and the dried fruit. Transfer into a large mason jar. It will stay crunchy for about 2-3 weeks.

This post was sponsored by Manahrana. Thank you for supporting me.


No comments: