White cacao granola bars

/
0 Comments
Is is just me, or did it get incredibly cold within the last two days? I hate cold. My hands are ALWAYS, but really, always so damn cold and shaky. I always have a few bags of tea in my bag, so I don't get cold. Most times I have a granola bar in my bag too. The store bought are my kind of "guilty pleasure", because they're so damn good. They're usually full of processed sugars and most times, I'm not totally into that. I just don't want to get my blood sugar sky high in the morning already.







These are probably one of the easiest things you can make and they take literally no time to make. The cacao butter gives them the white chocolate-y taste and I love it so much! Almond butter adds a lot of protein and the coconut sugar adds the sweetness - the natural kind.

White cacao granola bars :

2 cups rolled oats*
1 cup puffed kamut or brown rice
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp sessame seeds
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup cup almond butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 plant milk (I used almond coconut)
3 tbsp flax meal

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Melt the cacao butter over really low heat. Mix in the almond butter, coconut sugar and plant milk. Whisk until the ingredients are fully combined. Mix in the flax meal and let sit for 15 minutes. Mix the wet and the dry, press into muffin tins** or a 20x20cm baking dish (the one you use for brownies) and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.

* You can use any flaked grains you want
** I prefer pressing them into muffins cases, because they are quite hard to cut and there will be a lot of waste.

No comments: