The fluffiest vegan cake ever +sugar free chocolate rum glaze and pecans

/
1 Comments
I am the neighbour who bakes. I am the neighbour who needs the recipes tested. I am the neighbour who knocks on your door at 10 pm and brings you cake. I love seeing how happy I make them when I bring them cake. No matter if it's good or bad, they'll eat it and tell me their honest opinion. Therefore - I'm probably your favourite neighbour, but I couldn't be that neighbour without you. Thank you.

Vegan cakes are quite a challenge to be honest. It's not as easy as 1 part flour, 1 part sugar, 1 part butter and an egg. You actually have to find the perfect ratios of ingredients, or the cake will come out a) super dense b) super crumbly c) taste like cardboard. For some reason, I had an urgent need to bake this morning. I wanted donuts. But I didn't wanna feel like complete shit when I ate 6. So I made healthier donuts. Unfortunately, they stuck to the pan, so I ate them with a spoon and dipped them into a perfect chocolate rum glaze while I was pretending it's a super healthy salad. I mean, it was totally a salad. DON'T TRY TO PROOVE ME WRONG OK? I was done with the donut phase, so I decided to spend the rest of the batter on a cake. And this happened.

Thank you MANAHRANA for giving me stuff that I would never buy myself. I hate rice milk. Well, I hated rice milk. This cake uses brown rice milk, which totally happens to be my new favourite plant milk.





Vegan pecan sponge :

1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water

1/2 melted soft coconut oil
1/2 coconut sugar
1 cup brown rice milk
1 tsp dark rum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 2/3 cups light spelt flour or 1 cup brown rice flour + 1/2 cup corn starch

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC. Mix the flax and water in a small mug. In a large bowl, cream together the oil and sugar. Add all the dry ingredients, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla. Once the wet mixture is evenly combined, add the flour and mix on high for about a minute. Add the flax egg and mix until combined. Stir in the pecans and pour into a pound cake pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.


Sugar free rum fudge sauce :

1/2 cup pitted dates
1 cup brown rice milk
2 tbsp of rum
1/4 cup cacao powder
a pinch of salt
a pinch of vanilla

Soak the dates in the rum and brown rice milk for at least one hour. After that, add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend for 2-3 minutes on super high. Strain through a fine sieve if you want, but that's totally optional.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo choco-licious!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete